Data protection statement
At ‘The Resistance Movement’ we are committed to protecting your privacy and to being transparent about how we collect and use your personal information. We process your personal information in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant privacy legislation, respecting your individual rights.
The privacy information on this page will be reviewed periodically to ensure its compliance with legislation and best practice. If such changes fundamentally alter how we process your personal information we will let you know.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information directly from you when you contact us, register with us, enquire about our activities, make a donation, participate in an event, apply to volunteer with us or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
When you choose to interact with us, we may collect the following personal information about you, under the lawful basis of legitimate interest:
- Newsletter: When you ask to receive our newsletter, we will collect your Name, email address and postal address.
- Registering: When you register to join us, we will collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number.
- Visiting our websites: When you visit our websites, we collect information about how you use our website and track which pages you visit when you follow links from our emails.
- Volunteering: When you apply to volunteer with us, we will collect your name, contact details and information about your skills.
- Donating: If you donate to us online, we may collect information about whether you are a taxpayer or not for gift aid purposes.
- Public events, zoom events etc: When you register for our events, we will collect your name, email, social media name etc.
How do we use personal information?
We use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- Volunteering: Processing your application to volunteer with us, and for supporting you as a volunteer.
- Donating: Processing donations we have received from you.
- Communication: Emailing you relevant updates about our activities and events. You will be given the option to opt out of these emails with every email which is sent out.
- Improving what we do: Analysing, managing and improving our organisation and information.
We will also process your personal information as required by law or regulation.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We adopt appropriate technical and organisational measures to make sure your personal information is secure, and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage, from the point of collection to the point of destruction.
Access to your personal information is restricted to those people who are required and authorised to process it. Appropriate background checks and training take place for our people who need to process your personal information.
Your personal information will only be shared with another organisation, acting on our behalf, if they agree to ensure sufficient safeguards are in place to protect your personal information.
We will not transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area unless appropriate safeguards are in place, your individual rights are enforceable with effective legal remedies and you are informed.
How long do we keep your personal information?
While you are actively engaged with ‘The Resistance Movement’ we will retain your personal information. Beyond that, we will keep your personal information for up to four years. We will remove your personal information earlier if it is no longer required, we no longer have a lawful basis for processing it, or you ask us to remove it.
If you unsubscribe from e-newsletters, minimal personal information will be kept on a suppression list to ensure you do not receive such communications.
Do we share your personal information?
We will never sell your personal information to any third parties.
Information that we may share with the public will be to promote ‘The Resistance Movement’ online and in the media. You will be given the option to opt-out, or restrict the use of, of any such publicity.
We will share your personal information when legally required to do so.
What do your rights look like in practice?
Your personal information belongs to you. You have rights over how we use your personal information:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
At ‘The Resistance Movement’ we don’t carry out any automated decision making or profiling.
For further information about your rights, and when they apply, see the Information Commissioner’s Office website: ico.org.uk/your-data-matters
You may access the personal information associated with your online membership by writing to us at: [email protected]
If any of your details change or need correcting, then you can edit these in your account or contact us to have these corrected.
You can request to see personal information we hold about you by emailing [email protected]
You may unsubscribe from Resistance Movement communications at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails or responding with an “opt out” email response.
If you are unhappy with our use of your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would encourage you to contact us at [email protected] in the first instance so we can attempt to resolve any concerns.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback about how we use your personal information, or would like to exercise your right, then please contact our Data Protection Officer on [email protected]
This privacy information was issued in December 2020 and has a review date of December 2021 or whenever regulations maybe changed. This information will still apply beyond the review date, until the next version is issued.
Do you like this page?